Describe a bad service you received in a restaurant/shop
You should say to describe a bad service you received
When and where it happened
How it was solved
And explain how you felt about the experience
Sample answer to describe a bad service you received
I want to share a rather frustrating experience I had with a shipping company not too long ago. It was a situation that left me disappointed with the consequences.
It all happened about six months ago when I needed to send a delicate and valuable shipment to one of my customers. I opted for a renowned shipping company, assuming that their reputation would ensure a smooth and secure delivery.
I went to the company’s local branch, carefully packaged my goods, and entrusted them to the staff. They assured me that my items would reach their destination in pristine condition. However, the reality was far from what I had anticipated.
When my customer received the shipment, they immediately contacted me, expressing their dismay and disappointment. To my horror, the goods had arrived in a bad state, with significant damage that rendered them unusable. It was evident that the shipping company had mishandled the package, resulting in severe breakage.
I requested compensation for the damage, but they didn’t agree. After I escalated my complaint and had several back-and-forth conversations, they agreed to provide a partial refund, which was less than the actual value of the items
The frustration I felt at that moment was overwhelming. I had not only lost a valuable shipment, but I also had to face the displeasure of a valued customer who refused to accept the damaged goods. It was a double blow to my business, both in terms of financial loss and reputation.
Explore more: ielts speaking part 2
Part 3 – describe a bad service you received
How do most people respond to bad services?
Most people tend to express dissatisfaction when they encounter bad service. They often feel disappointed, leading them to communicate their displeasure either directly to the service provider or through feedback forms and online reviews. For instance, a customer who experiences poor service at a restaurant might speak to the manager about their concerns or leave a negative review on a website, detailing their experience for others to see.
- Dissatisfaction (Vietnamese: Sự không hài lòng) – The feeling of not being pleased or satisfied.
- Encounter (Vietnamese: Gặp phải) – To come upon or experience, especially unexpectedly.
- Disappointed (Vietnamese: Thất vọng) – Sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill one’s hopes or expectations.
- Communicate (Vietnamese: Truyền đạt) – To share or exchange information, news, or ideas.
- Displeasure (Vietnamese: Sự không hài lòng) – A feeling of annoyance or disapproval.
- Feedback Forms (Vietnamese: Mẫu phản hồi) – Documents used to provide comments or opinions about a service or product.
- Online Reviews (Vietnamese: Đánh giá trực tuyến) – Assessments or evaluations of services or products shared on the internet.
- Concerns (Vietnamese: Mối quan tâm) – Worries or matters of interest.
- Detailing (Vietnamese: Mô tả chi tiết) – Describing something in detail; providing detailed information.
Do you think services are better now than in the past?
Yes, I believe that services are generally better now than in the past. Technological advancements have greatly improved efficiency and customer experience, allowing for faster and more personalized service. Additionally, the rise of online reviews and social media has made businesses more accountable for their service quality. For example, many restaurants now use digital ordering systems, which not only speed up the ordering process but also reduce the likelihood of human error in taking orders.
- Advancements (Vietnamese: Tiến bộ) – Developments or improvements, especially in technology.
- Efficiency (Vietnamese: Hiệu quả) – The ability to accomplish something with the least waste of time and effort.
- Customer Experience (Vietnamese: Trải nghiệm khách hàng) – The overall experience of a person using a product or service, especially in terms of how pleasing or satisfying it is.
- Personalized Service (Vietnamese: Dịch vụ cá nhân hóa) – Tailoring service to meet the specific needs or preferences of individual customers.
- Accountable (Vietnamese: Chịu trách nhiệm) – Required or expected to justify actions or decisions.
- Service Quality (Vietnamese: Chất lượng dịch vụ) – The assessment of how well a delivered service conforms to the client’s expectations.
- Digital Ordering Systems (Vietnamese: Hệ thống đặt hàng số) – Electronic systems used to place orders, often found in restaurants and retail settings.
- Human Error (Vietnamese: Lỗi của con người) – A mistake made by a person rather than caused by a faulty machine or process.
Xem thêm: sách luyện thi ielts